Does your student love photography and want to make extra money with their skills or start a photography business? If they’ve completed photo 1 or 2 (or both) at BVC and want more, this is the next great photo class for them! If they have not taken a BVC photo 1 or 2 level class, but are using a DLSR camera successfully on manual, then they may also take this course with teacher permission.
**These students must contact Angie McCue to get approval for taking this course.
Not only will students practice and shoot new photo projects to teach and develop their photography talents and skills further, but all projects will be aimed at the end goal of developing a business and making extra $$! Throughout the year we will set up and create a mock or real photography business for each student to utilize their skills and make money through photography as a part-time business. Students will write a business plan, create a unique brand for their business, and get the shots needed to market the business. They will dive deeper into photography niches and build an online portfolio and website. They will learn and do everything required to launch their own photography business in 28 weeks!
Students will also:
- Learn to find their photography niche and attract their target audience
- Create a personal brand
- Create a portfolio that sells
- Learn to set photography-based fees
- Set up a website and portfolio
- Learn to market a photo business
- Learn business basics such as registering a business name, getting a business license and tax ID
- Learn about copyright, contracts, and releases specific to photography businesses
- Learn best practices for each step of a photography gig – from booking a client to image delivery
- Learn how to wow a client with excellent customer service
- Learn how to create a client workflow
- Learning about photography products that sell and how to produce them
- Expand an online presence with modern marketing techniques
- Learn to edit images for profit
- Participate in actual shoots to attain sample images for a business.