In any class I teach, the central theme of my teaching will always be how to “Create the Vision, Develop the Passion” (© Wings of Eagles Consulting, used with written permission).
This class is both fun and informative. Students will learn about:
This is where we start.
- finding the artwork of God and learn to see the beauty in His masterpiece. Even the simple things in nature are of great beauty.
- green art, the ability to repurpose materials to make art
- the techniques of the master painters whose paintings hang in museums. This would include how they painted, how they got their inspiration, how they made their materials and their brushstrokes.
- the techniques of a few artists who are not yet famous
- how to visualize and then shape clay into a desired object, we discuss God’s creation of “earthen vessels” (II Corinthians 4:7)
- how we can better appreciate the tapestry God made in the heavens and on earth for us to see
- working with diverse mediums such as different paints, different surfaces to paint upon and different tools such as brush versus pallet knife
- how to blend colors to achieve that just right look in a painting while using both water colors and acrylic paints
- the effect different music styles have on the artist while creating art work
- self and family portraits
- use of pointilism
- creating sillouette paintings
I encourage students to either use their name or pick an artist name to sign every work they create.