This class is both fun and informative. Students will learn about:
- both organic and inorganic chemistry
- life chemistry with RNA, DNA, enzymes and such
- rate of reactions and rate calculations
- an easy and foolproof way to calculate chemistry formulas
- energy generated by or absorbed by chemical reactions
- using electronic instruments to measure chemical reactions using the same instruments that industrial and medical labs use
- the Periodic Table and other ways of looking up information about chemistryTo keep it fun we will make gunpowder and safely ignite it, run the famous Tin Man experiment and 24 other experiments designed to allow the student to use his or her imagination while examining the scientific process. We will also conduct phosphoresence experiments.This is a hands-on class with safety rules.